Friday 3 June 2011

Book Blogger Hop

Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Crazy for Books and is a place just for book bloggers and readers to connect and share our love of the written word! This weekly BOOK PARTY is an awesome opportunity for book bloggers to connect with other book lovers, make new friends, support each other, and generally just share our love of books!


This week's question is:
“Share your favorite post from the last month and tell us why it’s close to your heart!”

Oooo fun question. Last week I was browsing through Andrea and Tevya’s archive at Reading Lark and I found this gem; Their Book Boyfriend post from last April featuring the one and only Jamie Fraser from Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander series.  They included some of my favourite quotes that took me back to the good old days when I read Outlander for the first time.

"Does it bother you that I'm not a virgin?" He hesitated a moment before answering.
"Well, no," he said slowly, "so long as it doesna bother you that I am." He grinned at my drop-jawed expression, and backed toward the door. "Reckon one of us should know what they're doing," he said. The door closed softly behind him; clearly the courtship was over
.

That was my favourite post by a different blogger. If I am to pick one of my own posts I'd say my favourite is my review of The Mermaid Chair by Sue Monk Kidd. There is nothing special about the review itself but the book stayed with me for days afterwards. 

What was your favourite post last month?

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love that post from the Reading Lark! That definitely makes me want to read the book now! I am going to have to add that to my tbr list!

    ~Loren

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to read The Mermaid Chair. I'm off to check out your review! Happy Hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete