Tuesday 24 May 2011

Teaser Tuesdays




Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along.
Here's how to play:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! 
This Week my teaser is from Torment by Lauren Kate



He was smoking a cigarette, humming to himself like he didn't have a care in the world. Except that he was covered entirely in blood and gore. His hair was matted to his forehead, his arms were scratched and brusied. His t-shirt was wet and stained with sweat, and his jeans were splattered too. He looked filthy and disgusting, as though he'd just emerged from battle. Only, there was no one else around - no bodies, no anything. Just Him.

He winked at her.

(The character's name is actually mentioned in this paragraph but I took it out to avoid spoiling the story for people who are reading Fallen at the moment!) 

10 comments:

  1. I literally JUST started Fallen and got about SIX pages in and haven't been able to get back to it yet!!

    Great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully you'll get back into it soon, it's worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow great teaser. Thanks for visiting mine and commenting and following yay :)
    Blogger is not letting me follow anyone new :( But adding you to my feed

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice teaser....and I know who said that *waggled eyebrows*
    I CAN'T wat for Passion!!!

    Thanx for the follow and I returned the favor!

    http://paranormalwastelands.blogspot.com/2011/05/welcome-to-teaser-tuesday-this-meme-is.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teaser. I just got Fallen and Torment recently can't wait to read them.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/05/teaser-tuesday-20.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that's a teaser! This is the first I'm hearing about these books, and I think I have to put them on my reading list!

    P.S.--I love Ireland!

    Here's my teaser:
    http://thewordjar.wordpress.com/2011/05/24/teaser-tuesday-may-24-the-two-deaths-of-daniel-hayes-by-marcus-sakey/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh creeepy! A bloody guy winking at her?!

    Awesome teaser!!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Jessica@a GREAT read

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your teaser! I really enjoyed this book. Thanks for stopping by my blog =). I'm returning the follow!

    Ange @ Moonlight Reader

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. What a picture those few sentences paint. Great teaser!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent teaser. The wink was unexpected.

    ReplyDelete