Wednesday 4 May 2011

My Book Boyfriend



My Book Boyfriend is a weekly meme hosted by Missie of The Unread Reader where we can gush and swoon over the boys in our books all we like!

Sidheach James Lyon Douglas, a.k.a The Hawk. Hawk is described as Perfect; handsome, strong and masculine in every way, but with a past that makes him vulnerable. No woman can refuse him. But then he meets Adrienne who has a thing against beautiful men and he would sell his warrior soul to possess her. The Hawk may seem like a womanizer (well...he is really) but he is also a bit of a softie when it comes to Adrienne :)

Hawk: "My Heart. I didn't just pick a sweet turn of phrase to name you, but spoke from my soul when I named you thus. Without my heart I couldn't live. And I couln't breathe without you."

Adrienne: "Are you a man who has more than one heart?"

Hawk:  "Nay. Only this one. But it's bitter and dark now from the pain I've brought you."

I will be reviewing this book next week when my exams are finally over!



10 comments:

  1. Ooo very cool. I'll have to check out your review once its up! :)

    My Book Boyfriend

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of Karen Marie Moning's male characters they are so yummy. have you read her Fever series? Barrons is my number one book boyfriend I love him to bits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, No I haven't read her Fever series but I am going to. I have been hearing some great things about it and this Barrons guy. This was my first time reading anything by her but not my last.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hawk is just about the sexiest name EVER!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol--I agree with the Bookish Brunette: 'Hawk' is a sexy name. I'll be looking forward to your review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was addicted to KMM's Fever series, and have met a few of her Highlanders through those books, but now I need to read these.

    Hawk sounds irresistible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh he is irresistible. And then there is sexy but sinister Adam ;) I can't wait to the read the Fever series.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So I just looked up Darkfever and discovered it's set not only in Ireland but in Dublin too. Which is where I live. It has been ordered :)Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun to swoon over the male species in literature. I found you on book blogs and am now a subscriber. Please RTF. Whoo hoo!

    ReplyDelete